Retargeting Marketing: What Is It? And How Does It Works?
Retargeting is a trending strategy in the advertising world. Wondering what’s the buzz all about? In this article I have explained retargeting and how it works. So, without further ado, let us jump right in.
What Is Retargeting Marketing?
You must have come across instances where the display ads are showing pictures of products or websites you visited earlier. Well, that is retargeting. It can be done with the help of cookies from your browser.
Retargeting is a type of marketing strategy, wherein, the people who visit a website and bounce off or the people who abandon items in the cart on an online store are targeted to show ads regarding the product. With the objective of enticing the person to complete the purchase.
There are basically four types of retargeting techniques such as search retargeting, email retargeting, SMS retargeting, and site retargeting. And the most popular and widely used technique is site-based retargeting.
Retargeting is a tool that gives you another chance to present your product in front of the bounced traffic. Did you know? On average, only 2% of the total visitors of a website convert, and with the help of retargeting, brands try to promote their product to the rest 98%. Various platforms assist you in running a retargeting campaign, including google ads, Facebook retargeting, and LinkedIn ads.
Retargeting also helps businesses build brand awareness and is a great means to encouraging people who have already shown interest in your products.
Now that we have understood what retargeting marketing is. Let us understand,
How Retargeting Works?
Site-based retargeting can be executed with the help of cookies. Whenever you visit a website, it saves certain cookies in your browser. A cookie is nothing but a small file containing information.
The purpose of a cookie is to store a site visit without saving any other personal information such as name, phone number, or any other piece of information that can be used to identify a person.
Whenever a person visits a site, cookies are saved in their browser, and eventually, when they leave the site and open another, the retargeter displays the ads relevant to your previous engagement.
Advantages of Retargeting Marketing
- It helps you generate more leads and improves sales conversion.
- You promote your product to the people interested in your brand.
- It helps you increase your brand’s awareness.
- You get a second chance at creating a better impression.
Some retargeting statistics that will imply the importance of retargeting
- .The click-through rate of retargeted ads is 10X higher compared to the traditional display ads.
- Only 2% of site visitors convert during their first visit.
- Retargeting has the potential to increase your conversion by 150%.
- 30% of consumers like retargeted ads.
- Retargeting ads on LinkedIn can increase your CTR by 30%.
We hope that you are convinced enough to start your retargeting campaign today. Retargeting has proven to be beneficial for the people who do it right. From boost brand awareness to increase conversion rates, retargeting is famous for all the right reasons. Retargeting marketing is a widely accepted technique by both marketers and consumers, research shows that around 30% of visitors have a positive feeling about the retargeted ad. What are you still waiting for? Start your retargeting ads today!