5 Healthcare Marketing Strategies That Will Boost Your Revenue
Healthcare marketing can be defined as the practise of establishing communication techniques to achieve new patients and improve patient care. An open effective relationship between patients and healthcare professionals begins with the delivery of valuable content and resources through social media, paid advertising, websites, SEO, and other channels.
Global healthcare costs are predicted to exceed $10 trillion by 2022, and if patients need to see a doctor, then why shouldn’t you? That’s the question that healthcare marketing efforts endeavour to answer for doctors, clinics, hospitals, and other healthcare organisations.
The healthcare marketing strategy as an inbound marketing approach pools in all of our resources to combat the different opportunities and risks that exist in the hyper-competitive healthcare industry. The resources could be anything creative, such as blogs, articles, podcasts, educational films, and interviews on medical themes, while the threats and opportunities are all about enticing your patients to approach you.
Having the correct healthcare marketing plan in effect can boost your business by increasing patient inflow while also cutting marketing costs, resulting in a higher return on your investment (ROI). The healthcare industry is growing at a rate greater than you can imagine, hence the need to manage patient care and develop new treatments have soared. Newer technologies are being utilised in the industry to increase sales as a result of the increase in such needs.
Why Is a Healthcare Marketing Strategy Necessary?
Patient satisfaction criteria have shifted substantially in recent years! In the eyes of your patients, delivering the best therapy isn’t enough to make you a good healthcare practitioner (aside from the fact that certainly should be your top priority). You’ll also have to offer and deliver excellent customer service to your patients.
According to a McKinsey survey, patients have the same expectations of healthcare providers as they do of non-healthcare providers. Your patients are now keen in:
- Excellent customer service
- The extent to meet customers’ requirements
- With the service they purchase from you, to make their lives easier
- Excellent value
As per a Kantar Health Report, three-fifths of millennials (60 %) consider online sources and word-of-mouth references (including social media and recommendations) to be the best sources of healthcare data. This necessitates having the right marketing strategy in place for your healthcare services so that when a potential patient seeks medical care online, they come to you rather than your competitors.
If you’re looking for ways to boost revenue in your clinical practice or hospital, take a look at these ideas and see which ones will work best for you. Examine where you might be able to improve and utilize these strategies to combat them.
Identify the Target Audience
Knowing who you’re marketing to is the first, and perhaps most essential, step in developing an effective healthcare marketing plan.
Getting specific is one of the best strategies to improve your healthcare marketing plan. As a healthcare provider, you cater to a large group of people, which is why you can be as specific as possible.
Here are some more questions to assist you to figure out who your target market is:
- Who do your competitors are targeting?
- What demographic is most likely to benefit from your services?
- What types of customers are most likely to schedule an appointment?
Once you’ve identified your target market, concentrate on the needs and demands of prospective patients.
Optimize Your Online Presence for Enhanced Patient Experience
Potential patients are surfing the internet for local physicians and healthcare services in greater numbers than ever before.
Patients are increasingly taking control of their health and, as a result, place a greater emphasis on getting to know, like, and trust a potential practise before making an appointment.
Improving your patients’ online experience will increase patient leads and retention significantly.
Your website should have personalised features, a quick page load time, be mobile-friendly, and interactive.
Invest in Social Media Marketing as a SIgnificant Marketing Tool
Social media marketing is an important component of effective healthcare marketing strategy as it allows you to share content and connect with your target audience.
Social media marketing for doctors plays a significant role in increasing traffic to your medical and healthcare’s online website and improving search engine results.
Social media assists any healthcare marketing tactics in reaching a large audience and can be used as an important lead generation strategy.
In the graph below, you can see the age demographics for the major social media platforms. What age group are you targeting?
Use the analytics tools provided by social media platforms to track your progress and make changes to your social media marketing initiatives.
Create an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy
The other part of a well-optimized healthcare website is search engine optimization (SEO). Getting attention online is critical to growing your business. After all, 77% of online users use a search engine to find healthcare information. As a result, employing SEO can help you drive more traffic to your well-designed website.
Many search engines, such as Google and Bing, use these 2 factors to rank websites.
- An authoritative webpage is one that is most credible, increasing the likelihood of visitors converting.
- Relevancy is another important factor for both you and those looking for your services.
Here are some basic rules for increasing your website’s authority and relevance:
- Keywords: Make sure that all of your website pages are properly categorized so that search engines can understand what they’re about. Keywords, titles, meta tags, and snippets should all be precise and updated.
- Page load time: Your site should be optimized for page load time, which means that neither of the pages should take too long to load. Otherwise, you risk losing visitors.
- Content Management: It’s critical to not only create new content but also to evaluate existing material and ensure that it’s cleaned up/refreshed (re-written) so that traffic relevance can be maintained over time.
- Quality content: According to an AHREFS study, a page that ranks #1 for one keyword will also rank well for around 1,000 additional keywords. That means focus on one topic thoroughly (i.e., including all subtopics under the same topic) and rank for a large number of long-tail phrases under that topic.
- BackLinks: Internal and outbound links can help boost page rankings. This improves the page rank of your site and serves as a leading indicator for search engines.
Visuals are popular in both entertainment and marketing. As a result, video marketing is a great tool for engaging and interacting viewers about your business in a fun way. One excellent approach is using patient testimonials to reach out to prospective patients who are afraid to seek medical attention. According to one survey, 71% of people read online reviews before choosing a healthcare professional.
The existing healthcare sector is constantly becoming more complex due to rapidly changing market dynamics, regulatory factors, and customer demands. Sales and marketing solutions that create actual engagement and meaningful patient action can help you outperform the competition by demonstrating value to potential customers through data.
Use these 5 techniques and strategies, and you’ll be a sales ace.